Very toxic extraction process. But that is ok, as the mines are in Chile.
Probably akin to living on the sludge of the Salton Sea for health outcomes.
I have no data on reprocessing.  I was forced to hand over the dead cells
(powertool, laptop, toy) on penalty of death or assault by rainbow unicorns
when I lived in SEA.  Even the post office had recycle bins, as did most
locations taking e-wastes or grocery bags.  Maybe the stuff is shoveled into
containers and sent to China.   We will end up with some form of Gojira WRD
slithering to the civilized world from Asian shores in due time.

I would have a resounding belly laugh if it turns out China is
“remanufacturing” the cells and loading the questionable cells into their EV
offerings.  Some fellow is tootling down the rice paddy roadway and a blinding
flash of light leaves aught but his shadow upon the tarmac.

clay

“I think it’s time we stopped  our cringing embarrassment about our history,
about our traditions, and about our culture, and we stop this general bout of
self-recrimination and wetness.”

B. Johnson
01/09/2020