The river/river bank is public, the access is across his land. To be clear
though, this is the corner of about an 8 acre field on the other side of the
road from where the house is. The other corner of the field has a cemetery
(containing many of my ancestors) so he can't close access from the paved road.
I haven't been down since July but dad says he's put posted signs all over,
although none on the border with us yet.
The border between his land and ours is somewhat contentious. Its a great big
field that the previous owners decided they owned half of. The real property
line was the brook that surrounds the field but they somehow convinced a judge
that its right smack down the middle of the field. They did this while my uncle
Reg still owned the place but was dying so he couldn't fight them.That said I
was looking at the tax maps the other day and they are still drawn with the
brook as the line. I'm curious where the new owner thinks the line is...
-Curt

    On Wednesday, October 7, 2020, 5:25:01 PM EDT, Mitch Haley via Mercedes