I assume the reference to OSU is a local thing given where the vehicle is located.
It looks to be the same colour as my 76 115 300D.
Andrew refers to it as mittlerod if I recall correctly - middle red - not lipstick red and not burgundy - more like cherry pie filling.
Also about the same colour as my truck which Ford calls ruby red.

RB