I have been driving the $675ML500 (well, $700 now that I spent $25 on a new ignition switch) a bit the last few days and I concur.  It is bouncy and twitchy on bumpy roads (like my driveway), very stiff suspension, tall, short wheelbase.  On smooth roads it is not bad but as soon as it hits a bump in the road or a dip or hole of some sort, it bounces all over again.  I find it somewhat tiring to drive just from the fairly short trips I have taken.  I recall the former wife's 164 being softer and less harsh in the steering and suspension, so it was fairly comfortable on longer drives.

I went on a little ramble on Sunday, went down a dirt road to visit some friends, we had big rains Saturday evening so there were some large fairly deep pits filled with water, the sand gets soft but not really muddy, I was quite impressed with how it went right through those spots, I could feel the 4m pulling it along but there was no torque steering or anything like that as I have noticed on my 4WD trucks and the old Jeep Cherokee I had -- a lot more "agricultural" feel to the systems.  Seems a pretty refined system.

The 4m on the 211 E320 wagon is fairly not noticeable although I have driven it a bit through a wet field (grass) and I could feel it pulling right along on the wet grass, so that was gratifying. The 210 might have gotten mired up in that.

-_FT