Mitch Haley via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> writes:

> Buying from Amazon means buying from every Tom, Dick, and Harry who
> subscribe to 'Fulfillment by Amazon' because Amazon commingles inventory
> with them.

My moto is that if it goes in my body I won't buy it from Amazon.
Supplements, cold/allergy remedies, contact lens supplies, etc.

More and more I feel that way about car parts as well. It's just not
worth the cost savings to have to re-do the job in a few months when the
counterfeit part fails, even if they are willing to exchange it.

I find O'Reilly, AutoZone, RockAuto etc. parts are pretty much low-end
junk, though if they sell a brand such as Sylvania or Motorcraft I will
likely believe that it's genuine.

For a local parts source I usually go to NAPA. It's often a bit more
expensive but parts (even their house brands) are decent quality, the
counter people are clean and professional, and warranties have never
been a hassle. I notice that almost all the good indy shops get parts
from NAPA or the relevant dealer.

For OEM online parts I'm using FCPEuro these days.

Allan