POR15 makes a really good epoxy for refinishing steering wheels. It takes some
time to d the job, but if you’re careful and follow the instructions it works
out nicely.

Mercedes closed out their NOS steering wheels a couple of years ago. I was able
to snag one for the 220SEb for around $400, brand new. They had listed well
north of $1,000 previously. It was a beautiful thing, I wanted to hang it on
the wall like a work of art.

-D