I posted a while back about the Nissens radiator I bought from Rock Auto
not fitting in our '93 300D/2.5 Turbo.

It was suggested I cut the offending tab, but I was hesitant to do
that lest I damage the radiator, so I got on the Nissens website and
complained about the radiator not fitting.

I received a response from the General Manager, North America & Latin
America, who said he would check with their engineers in Denmark & will
come back to me asap.

After several emails back and forth, and my sending detailed pictures of
both the Behr radiator I removed and the Nissens radiator I received, he
responded,

> Firstly many thanks for the photos and your patience.  Our catalog &
> engineering teams have checked your photos, a Behr unit, our
> interchanges plus other competitors product and it seems that most
> suppliers use the same design as Nissens, whilst the BEHR and OE units
> [do not] have the protrusion that you have encountered.
>
> They are adamant that both versions will fit and point to the hundreds
> of units that we sell each year without any significant customer
> returns or any previous complaints regarding fitment.
>
> In short, we are stumped and don't have an answer.
>
> As it would seem that you need a replacement unit with the Behr design
> and can't return your Nissens unit to Rock Auto, then I propose to
> reimburse you for the price of our unit.
>
> I'm very sorry that we weren't able to find a solution and hope you can
> accept this good-will gesture.  If so, please let me know your address
> so I can send a check.

I have received his (Nissen's) check for reimbursement of the cost of
the radiator and shipping. I guess I can now feel free to cut off the
extra tab which is keeping me from installing the radiator.

Craig