On 2020-11-03 09:45, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
I think I've mentioned that a friend of mine has a single engine
museum in his backyard. "The Whately Engine Museum". He (usually) does
a yearly Coleman gathering, during that if you look at an engine too
long his dad will come over and fire it up. Some are huge, theres one
that ran a light plant where the flywheels are like six feet in
diameter and filled with lead to smooth out the engine impulse. I
forget what they weigh but its crazy...

I totally spaced out when you were in Charlotte, should have taken you and Angie to meet Norm.

Norm Stevens of Bellevue has a few steam engines on wheels (like Dan said, used more like a portable power plant than a tractor) and a whole lot of antique tractors, and a Waltons style sawmill with big leather belts.