On Sat, 14 Nov 2020 16:58:33 -0600 Peter Frederick via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Set to defrost at high speed it should come on as soon as you switch on
> the ignition.  Check for voltage going to the fan though, those fuses
> can crack and look fine but not transfer current.

I removed the strip fuse from its holder to see if it was OK -- I
remembered the stories of W123 glow plug fuses looking good until
they were removed -- and found it OK.

I pressed the defrost button, the high-speed button, and turned the
key so all the dash lights came on: Nothing.

Hmmmmmmmm ...

Craig