On 2020-11-23 10:33, Allan Streib via Mercedes wrote:
In theory they are unable to tell you, right? Double blind? Neither the
researchers nor the subjects know who is getting the placebo.

I don't know if this one needs to be double blind, but it definitely should be at least single blind, because they don't want the test subjects to say 'I got vaccine, so now it's party time'.

If it's known to the subjects that they probably got the vaccine (2/3 test, 1/3 control), I can imagine the control subjects taking risks they might not have otherwise.