My weedwhacker housing cracked at this screw attaching point and caused all
kinds of mayhem necessitating replacement of two castings (bought used off
eBay). It stripped out the part of the housing in there that the screw presses
on. It’s a totally stupid design with that much pressure on these little bits
of plastic.

I got it all back together but need to get this sorted before I use it.  I’m
thinking some JBweld plastic epoxy with something shrouding the curved plastic
housing bit to hold it and make it stronger and somehow filling inside where
the screw goes, or just getting a longer screw and washer to fit over the top
to hold the strengthened bit of the plastic tight.

Any thoughts?

--FT
Sent from iPhone