I watched this vid yesterday of a guy with an ML that had limp mode.  He dug into it and found the cable with all the wires to the trans to be completely worn down, shorting, not even working. He pulled one from a junker and spliced it back in, hoping that would work.  The vid of his getting the codes cleared was coming so no resolution there yet.  Which reminds me I need to dig into the ML320 and check that aspect, or swap a TCM into it and see if it will work.

--FT