On 2020-11-27 11:21, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes wrote:
My sig. oth. wants her new laptop to have TONS of storage for all her
photos.  Will this model suffice?

If you're willing to pay through the nose for the larger SSD from HP, or if you're willing to rip the thing apart to replace the SSD with a big cheap one. 1TB PCIe SSDs are around $90-100 at Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Blue-SN550-1TB-NVMe-Internal/dp/B07YFFX5MD/

I'm still trying to figure out what the deal is with the memory, but I think the situation is that it's not 'user upgradeable' because you have to tear the thing apart to get to it.

Instructions for getting at the SSD and memory here:
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06719992

The deal may be dead.
I ordered two, and it might be possible to redirect one of them to another address before it's built
(build date scheduled for Dec 16)