Nothing special going on. Just run the VB installer, be sure to download the
add-ons for it, too, and then spin up a VM and install your Windows instance.
Pretty straightforward.

I’ve never been enamored of Parallels. It seems fiddly to work with and as I
recall was nowhere near as simple to set up and run VMs on as VirtualBox.

-D