From: Mercedes On Behalf Of Dan Penoff via Mercedes
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2020 8:23 AM
To: Okie Benz <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] This is not political, but a serious question, if you can’t
handle it then hit delete

It’s not. I’ve worked the elections both here and in two other states I’ve
lived in for over 40 years. I’ve worked elections since I was 16 years old and
the days of the voting machines with the curtains and little levers. My father
was a precinct committeeman and working elections was expected of all of us
kids, and most of us have continued that effort since.

The “check in” station you mention is connected to a secure network that is
used to access the voter rolls. It’s not on the “Internet”, it’s an end to end,
encrypted, tunneled connection to the SOE which can be a hard wired or wifi
connection. This is common practice and is configured and set up well in
advance to maintain the security of that data. One of my teams is charged with
testing and verification of these connections prior to the elections. The
ballot printers are a part of this system.

The scanners are purely stand-alone devices and have no connectivity.

Counts are typically moved from the scanners to the polling system via secure
memory cards that are encrypted. Some scanners also have the capability of
printing out results on a paper tape, like an adding machine. The numbers,
after being reconciled, are either transmitted to the supervisor of elections’
via the local client at the polling place or the data can be hand carried (in a
secure, chain of custody strongbox) back to the SOE (which is how they get back
there anyway, along with the paper ballots.)

Anyone who has worked the polls has been exposed to these processes and
procedures used to guarantee the integrity of the elections. It’s certainly
different from one state or municipality to the other, but the general approach
is the same. It’s highly controlled and closely audited. Again, it’s not
perfect, but the claims of widespread, massive voter fraud are gross
misstatements.

-D