The Greatest Photograph of All Time?
The photograph above was taken by John Thomas Daniels, a member of the U.S.
Life-Saving Station in Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina. He recorded the
first powered flight in history, on December 17, 1903.

Daniels had never seen a camera before, and later said that he was so
excited by seeing the *Flyer* rising that he nearly forgot Orville Wright's
instructions to squeeze the bulb triggering the shutter.

Thankfully he remembered, and took one of the greatest photographs in
history, capturing the exact moment of a truly world-changing event.
*Happy Wright Brothers Day *
Today we commemorate the first successful flights in a heavier-than-air,
mechanically propelled airplane, that were made by Orville and Wilbur
Wright on December 17, 1903, at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.

Since 1959, as declared by U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower, December 17
has been recognized nationally as Wright Brothers Day.

--
OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!