Ok I have the following conveyances:

1. 1994 e420 90k miles looks new from 20 feet, 2.82 rear

2. Murdered out matte black om606 87 wagon in suspended animation while I
make hard lines for the turbos and develop a data collection regime for
temps and pressures, 1995 interior, new dash, new suspension sls and
sportline suspension on all 4 corners, 722.3

3. 1985 wagon, stock, mostly everything new but thinking of rebuilding
injection pump due to lope at idle

4. Euro (no sunroof-huurah!) 1983 wagon, smashed in L rear quarter by
delivery truck, fighting with insurance who will likely total it. It has an
om648 with stock ecu and 722.6 with controller. Just a treat to drive but
probably too far gone to rebuild.

Somehow I need to make these into two cars. I am thinking sell the 85 as it
is nice, keep the e420 and the 87 wagon as they both have new suspensions
etc. Take the insurance check for the 83, buy it as salvage and take the
motor and transmission out for later use.

Question is what to do with the om648. It is such a nice motor and factory
tune. Maybe better than the 606, which smokes, is loud and has the crappy
old tranny anyway. Maybe swap the 648 into the 87 wagon and sell the 606?
But then there is the AC problem - need to find a clutched version of the
nippondenso to match the old style AC setup in the 87 124. Coukd find
another 12e wagon chassis and do a direct swap, but most of them are
totally knackered and need everything done that I already did to the 85.

What do you guys think? We use wagons a lot due to Yoda the Komondor, but
one is probably enough.