I am still trying to figure out who is fencing the bikes stolen by the
homeless.  Who, in their right mind is purchasing the bike at all?  There are
massive mountains of cycles in various stages of decomposition in the junkie
camps, and what sort of Humpty Dumpty Franken ride is getting paid for?  I can
see some cash out of the electro-bikes, as they get chopped into pedicab.

I had a couple of bike cadavers left outside my house.  I tried to post them to
Freecycle and got no response. Left them sitting upright in the parking strip
for weeks, and nothing.  Put a $10 sign to sell, and they did not last the
afternoon.

Mayhap, these converters and other “scrap” are being fenced to backyard
refiners who smelt them?  Or are the bikes and other metals finding homes in
backhaul containers for CCP to gather rare earth matter to sell back to
industry.   That would not surprise me, nor would there be traffic of platinum
parts headed south to be dealt with.  If they can get meth and coke over the
border northbound, converters go south?

Clay

inter urinas et faeces nascimur