yep

Now I am trying to learn how to diagnose and fix it without spending $1000 on a new TCM etc

--FT

On 1/8/21 4:41 PM, Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes wrote:
So you bought it?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 8, 2021, at 3:01 PM, Buggered Benzmail via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

I had a long write up but my phone lost it. Anyway, went to look at it.
156kmi, needs detailing as it has been sitting for a coupla months and the
interior needs a good wash down too, carpet mostly. Body/paint very good,
driver seat has a tear but not unusual. 2 nearly new Michelins, other 2 are
about half.  Headlights need buffing.  Quite decent looking car.

Put the scanner on it, trans was showing 4 codes which I cleared, then drove
the car. It is in limp mode but otherwise ran and drove fine. Scanned it again
and showed the TCM (called a VGS or something) was uncommunicative. This is a
722.9 and is quite a bit more complicated than the 722.6, the TCM is part of
the conductor plate.  I need to learn about it.

Guy was driving on the interstate when it went into limp mode, no warning. I
guess it could be the TCM fried or maybe some other electrical aspect. I will
find out. Transmission shop said it needed a whole new trans and some other
stuff at $7k.

I talked him and management out of wasting time and a decent car by parting it
out.

$900
<image0.jpeg>

<image1.jpeg>