> Considering the great success you've had I went looking and found zero of
> them available here.

Seems to be a shortage here too.  At the time of which I wrote, there were
THREE for sale on CL.
Currently, there's one for over 10k, stupid money, and this one:

https://spokane.craigslist.org/pts/d/rainier-dodge-laramie-slt-2500/7246335720.html

Stickshift 2wd V10, rather an odd duck.

> Lots of Ford V10s which apparently nobody wants...

The Ford V10 has less displacement, and thus less torque than the Dodge.  It
also has
a balance shaft, which is a detriment to long-term reliability.  The Dodge V10
was expressly
designed to have the same torque spec as the Cummins diesel, for those who
wanted to
tow but could not stand owning a diesel.  450 lb-ft.  So far as I know, the
ONLY significant
knock against that V10 is its fuel economy.  For an auxiliary utility vehicle,
that's insignificant.

-- Jim