archer wrote:
Has anyone tried:  Astoria 2000 (ARAFB3000) Universal Car C.V. Flex Boot?

http://www.tooltopia.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=836

The boot is stretched with a $250 special air tool, slid over the can on
each end of the half-axle, released, and secured with two hose type clamps.
The expensive installation tool would be the main problem while trying it
unless it could be rented.

Neat idea, but I'll wager the boots won't last anything like as long as
the boot that come on a Mercedes. I'd bet they'll last as long as the
boots on a "rice rocket."

Marshall
--
I wonder if the stretch-on boots would last longer than the boots on a used half-axle?
Gerry Archer