It's been raining a lot lately so I haven't had the chance to get in there
and take a look at the monovalve, but here's my question:

If it's simply "sticking on" and allowing coolant flow, why is it not even
putting out cold air when the engine is still cold?  I could understand the
coolant overpowering the AC once it's hot, but when the engine is cold, it
seems that the fan speed should kick up and put out cold air.  But it
doesn't.  It's trying as hard as it can not to put out cold air, and waits
till the engine temp picks up and then blows in hot air...

Just trying to understand,
Thanks!
Levi

On 5/16/06, Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Now...  If I'm correctly understanding the monovalve's function, I'm
> not

The monovalve has thin rubber seals, and if they tear the solenoid
can hydrolock and stick on, in spite of the system trying to shut off
coolant flow.

> sure it's the problem.  I was somewhat thinking that might be the issue
> since I just dumped a bottle of coolant leak sealer in there a week or
> so

That stuff can clog the monovalve.  As we have suggested, grab your
screwdriver and take out the insert.  It's the easiest job on your
car, and a visual inspection will tell you a lot.

-- Jim