I have my 99 E300 ready to go and will start driving it until I move to one of my 05 CDIs.  I have my 01 E320 that has 251k miles on it now.  It was the wife's daily driver, then when she started driving the 05 E320 gasser, I took it over.  Paint on it is good, front bumper cover has some clear coat peeling, interior fine. It has had motor mounts, conductor plate, plugs, valve cover gaskets and breather covers, breather hoses replaced.  Everything works on the car.  Will need tires soon and probably needs the sway bar bushings done.  Not sure what to do with it.  If I sold it I am not sure I could sell it for enough to make it work the trouble. I am not really interested in dumping it for a grand.  If I got closer to 2 maybe so.  Otherwise I might as well keep it for a backup car.  It has turned out to me one of the most reliable cars I have had.