In a message dated 5/16/2006 2:50:13 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I tried  removing the CC amp today - I removed the black plastic panel,
unplugged  the CC amp, but I couldn't see/access the screws or bolts holding
the amp  in.  Where are they?

Also, do I have to remove the tan dash panel  just below the steering
column?  If so, how?  I thought I removed  all the screws (incl. 3 behind the
e-brake release) but it wasn't coming  off.

Sunil,

Yes, remove the tan panel.  After you remove the screws, there are a  few
poppers that must be released on the trim panel.  Just give a careful  tug at
one
end and work your way accross.

All the cruises I have done are held in place by a single 6mm bolt that  goes
through the aluminum brake pedal framework.  ON yours, I believe you  will
find the head of the bolt on the left side of the cruise control.   Start out
by
feeling for the head of the bolt and then you will know where to  position
yourself to get at it

Use a 10mm deep socket with a 1/4 inch drive ratchet, if you have  one.  Do
not worry about any device that is piggy backed onto the cruise  amp.  You can
just unplug it and then separate them on the work  bench.

Earlier models went in from the right side and the brake pedal was
definitely an obstacle.

Good luck,

Jim  Friesen
Phoenix AZ