I've used a Great Call Lively Mobile for a number of years. $50 for the unil
and then $17/month for the service. Before Great Call came on the scene I used
a different companies unit that required a base station. It was easy to get out
of range of the base station which which had a limited range.
The Great Call Lively Mobile needs no base station. The pocket units range is
anywhere in the U.S.
except for a few areas where cell phones won't work. The service has been good
and there is one button to push in order to talk to the operator at Great Call.
There may be other units similar to Great Call or your Mom may be happy happy
with a base station unit if she stays in the house 24/7.
Good luck,
Gerry

https://www.avg.com