The local (?) Union Gospel Mission charity accepts vehicle donations.  They have
an in-house 'repair' facility, probably like Goodwill used to be, where they
try to bring
back to life the easy ones.  (I suspect that the crap goes to auction or scrap
like everybody
else.)  They have a car lot, where the 'good' donations end up.  That's
actually where
I bought the V10 truck.  They were still trying to decide whether or not to fix
its problems
when I dropped in, looking for exactly what they had, as-is.  The salesman was
happy
to find an appropriate buyer, as it was not a suitable vehicle for everyman.
For me, at
the time, all it needed to do was roll off under its own power.

Anyway, if I ever were to donate a vehicle that's where I'd send it.  I was
happy to
buy from them, as their income goes to operate warming shelters, and feed and
clothe
their clientele.  Yes, you probably have to sit through a bit of a sermon to
get a meal,
and behave yourself to get a bed.  Wah.

-- Jim