Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 9:43 AM
Subject: [MBZ] [MB] 300CE for sale/parts

Anyone looking for a 300CE parts car or project?

Got a call today offering an 88 for $1000. I went to look, knowing better.

Dead battery, so I couldn't turn it over.  Claimed the motor "made a bang
and started blowing black smoke" - her explanation of what her mechanic told
her was interpreted by me to mean, thrown rod.  Oil cap wouldn't come off,
entire engine bay filthy and unkempt. 142k on the clock, probably not real,
at the very least its been abused for a while.

Ran into something, needs headlight, bumper cover, pass fender and grill -
hood looked good, grill would be acceptable but is dented.

Interior is classic left outside for too long condition, complete with tears
in leather.

Paint overall is actually pretty good, could use a buffing out and good
cleaning.  Currently sitting under trees.  Currently rust free.

Car has 2k worth of wheels and tires on it - they don't come with it.

I offered her $200, she said she'd think about it - I'd hardly driven away
when she called me and said she'd take it.  Sitting here thinking, I don't
want to waste the time and money on it for parts or to fix up.  The rear
window is about as nice as I've seen one in a while though - none of that
white milky delamination most have.  Almost worth it for that.

Car is in Knoxville, TN. I have no interest, financial or otherwise. Would
probably do more that 200 on eBay, but I don't feel its worth the effort.

Let me know.
Mike