There are at least three versions of the linkage on the 240D, and some of
it is NLA.  My 80 has the version with a level on the valve cover that has
an integrated piece of rubber (which was later moved to the firewall).
That piece is NLA, and mine is starting to tear.  Might have to enlist the
3D printer in a repair.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 12:34 PM OK Don via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

> Doesn't the W123 repair manual call out the adjustment procedure? RTFM
> (read the factory manual).
>
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 9:01 AM Jim Cathey via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> > > The possible pain points would be pivot points. I had one that was all
> > wallowed out. I don't recall what I did to fix it.
> >
> > Wrap it in aluminum foil.  Or beer can.  The usual problem is the rubber
> > doodad on
> > the firewall, or the plastic bushing.  Or, in my case, someone who
> cranked
> > the stop
> > on the injection pump way out.  You just have to look, and dive in.
> >
> > -- Jim

> --
> OK Don
>
> "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to
> pause and reflect." Mark Twain
>
> “Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”
> Wernher
> Von Braun
> 2013 F150, 18 mpg
> 2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg