RICHARD FIne wrote:
> Hello,
> I am at a mileage point on my 1997 300D turbo that I know I need to have =
the timing chain replaced (also, which other related parts to the chain?), =
and would like to know what other maintenance I should have done while the =
valve cover is off (valves, etc.). Also, do I need to have the injection pu=
mp, injectors serviced?

Why are you replacing the timing chain? Does it measure in excess of 4 =

degrees stretch. I figure that the chains in my cars will last to =

500-700kmi at their current rate of wear. If the chain IS worn, change =

the chain tensioner as well.

I've attached the chain measurement TSB (the stretch limit is 4 degrees =

rather than the 3 degrees cited in the TSB). The chain is unlikely to =

break until stretch approaches 8-10 degrees!!

Marshall
-- =

'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 =

190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)