http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Followup/articleId=102283

From: Christopher McCann
> what is the button he presses towards the end? change the differential
> gearing...some sort of super over-drive?

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-1987 300TD, 245K km, "Rotkäppchen"
-1985 300SD, 343K km, "Wulf"
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, "One Banger"

"Mercedes Dieselauto - Leistung wird mit dem Kilometerzähler gemessen."
http://mail.yahoo.com
From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Wed May 17 16:27:55 2006
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: Mercedes Discussion List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 16:27:50 +0000
Subject: Re: [MBZ] E320CDI Commercial

I've not driven one of them, but I know firsthand how *fun* a E300D-t is to
drive :):) If you EVER get the chance to buy one, don't hesitate! You will want
to have the front upper spring perches checked, as well as the doors under the
gaskets (keep an eye on them)... as well as the usual OM60x IP seal issues. (I
understand that GP's can be a MAJOR hassle. When mine go, if they are stuck, I
will pony up, then make sure to pull them and antisieze them... as well as an
annual pulling/reaming of them as a prophylactic measure.

BTW does anyone know the part number/price of an OM606 GP reamer? (The plugs
are about 7" long IIRC, which really presents an opportunity for carbon to pack
in there...  Also, does HARD driving and lots of highway mileage help burn out
any carbon which may have accumulated in there?

The traction control DOES tend to kick in a bit much for my tastes (and it
seems to kick in way early)... did they put ESP on the 210.025's or were they
ASR only?

I've definitely had to tone down my use of the pedal, as it behaves VERY
differently from my (retired) 126.120 did... You can drive it like you stole
it, but you need to disable ASR and I'm sure its hard on tires (chirp chirp)..

The ONLY thing I would complain about is that the truck nozzle at the place
where I fuel will ALMOST fit in the neck properly... if it had maybe 1/4" more
clearance in the neck It would be good. (60gpm nozzle is sweet!) (although the
"slow" nozzle is still 25gpm...)

John Reames
E300TD (99/122kmi) / 300D (85/220+kmi)
From: Christopher McCann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>