On 2021-01-30 19:06, Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
Teachers often come back as substitutes this way. Why they would do it
I have no idea. And I used to teach…

Friend of mine, math teacher, not accounting/finance teacher, retired about ten years ago. Then he figured out he couldn't pay the bills on his pension (social security a long ways off, we were in our 40s then), so he had to go back and sub for $100 a day to make ends meet. I'm pretty sure the difference between salary and pension was a lot more than he could hope to make subbing.