Does the shaking that the diesel engine does upon shutoff cause motor mounts
to wear out more quickly than in a gas engined car? I wonder about this
every time I shut off the engine. It would seem that it has to put a
considerable strain on things. Perhaps the mounts are designed to take it? I
am talking about my 83 240D and like vehicles.

Those who don't appreciate such a simple question, simply delete, please.

Brian
83 240D

excerpt from Edmunds.com review of E300 CDI

Perhaps the most obvious sign that there was a diesel under the hood was an
occasional shudder when the engine was shut off.