Is that loose vacuum line the fuel shut-off hose?  I assume you are aware that the way to stop these old diesels is to shut off the fuel. When you turn off the key, it causes the vacuum solenoid to shut off the fuel at the injection pump. My vacuum solenoid has been broken for a while so when I stop the car, I have to pop the hood and push down on the fuel linkage rod to shut off the fuel. On mine, there is a red label on a tab that says it is the fuel shutoff. I have the new vacuum solenoid but have not managed to install it yet.

Randy