We bought a king size adjustable base (split Twin XLs) GhostBed memory foam
from Costco, which they regularly have on sale for around $1600 shipped. In
fact, we’ve got two of them - one here in Florida and another in the house in
Indiana. If there was anything I didn’t like, it’s having to buy Twin XL fitted
sheets and a king size “regular” sheet, but that’s a minor issue.

I never thought I would care about having a bed with an adjustable base, but
dang, does it make it nice. Mrs. Dan has issues with reflux, and having the
ability to sleep with your upper torso elevated makes all the difference for
her. I like it for watching TV before I nod off, after which I just hit the
button and it levels off.

Mattresses and bedding as a whole has always seemed scammy to me. I can’t
imagine spending $4k or more for a bed. Yes, I know you spend the better part
of your life there, but how much difference can it make?

-D