One thing to remember is that the 60x engines all have flat tappets (actually
the bucket, but same issue), and that modern automotive systems DO NOT have
flat tappets, they are almost universally roller tappets.

As a result, the zinc phosphates and zinc triphenylphosphates that provide
start up lubrication have been removed from the oil, they are both a problem
for disposal/environment and expensive, and if you don't use oil containing
them, you will have tappet and cam wear greatly increased.

This is a huge problem in the hot rod community, as they use mostly Chevy 350
engines (and some Fords) with flat tappets, and the change in the oils has done
a lot of damage.

That's why I use Mobil 1 Truck and Turbo in all the diesels, and probably
should in the TE (I think the cam may be gone in that car anyway).  Formulated
for flat tappets, since Cummins still uses them among other things.

Soot holding capacity is also an issue,

One oil change won't wreck your engine, but I'd no make a practice of using
anything not correctly rated very long.