I used a 5 gallon fuel can and an old house tank vacuum cleaner for a
make-shift "Topsider" that worked surprisingly well considering that the
plastic 5 gallon can collapsed under the leaky vacuum. The hand pumped
Topsider did not appeal to me, but you should be able to substitute an
electric suction source for the hand pump and make it work for you.

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 6:03 PM Dimitri Seretakis via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I’m not a huge fan of the topsider. I have one and the pump failed and I
> remember it taking forever to drain!
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Mar 12, 2021, at 5:55 PM, Dwight Giles via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> > I don't remember changing the oil from underneath in that car. I
> thought we
> > used a topsider.
> > Dwight E. Giles Jr.
> > Wickford RI
> >

> >> On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 5:45 PM Peter Frederick via Mercedes <
> >> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Buy a TopSider and never take the plug out again, that's what I've done.
> >>
> >> Peter

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!