Or plumber. My eldest kicked around in dead-end jobs for 10 years until we got
on his case and told him he would end his life living in a van down by the
river if he didn’t find a decent means of employment. He looked at plumbing and
electrical, and ended up going to trade school for plumbing.

Two more years and he’ll have his journeyman’s license and will be able to
write his own ticket. He’s doing well working for a large plumbing company as
an apprentice while moonlighting around the neighborhood on the weekends
installing faucets and fixing leaks for the neighbors, who are more than happy
to pay him well for his time.

I am comfortable that if I existed this existence today he would be able to
provide for himself more than adequately.

The trades are where it’s at, and always have been.

-D