You can order a mostly basic truck, but with all the mandatory safety
things included. However, after driving a car with the back-up camera, and
given my stiff old neck, I installed an aftermarket camera/screen in the
truck - very handy, especially when backing up to connect a trailer. I'm
thinking of adding a front camera since the hood is so high.

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 10:48 PM Allan Streib via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I was going to ask if one could just order a "work truck" such as would
> be sold to a utility company or similar. Though I think the reverse
> camera/screen is mandatory now?
>
> Allan
>
> OK Don via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> writes:
>
> > I had to special order ours to get one without all the bloatware.
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 6:53 PM Curt Raymond via Mercedes <
> > mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >
> >>  I've been very pleased with this truck, I'd like to have another one
> just
> >> like it. I hate that so many trucks today are bloated with the
> infotainment
> >> and all the stupid steps and gizmos and ge-gaws...
> >> -Curt

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!