On Fri, 19 Mar 2021 11:53:37 -0700 G Mann via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> The well at the Ranch is 980 ft with sweet water, I've had it tested
> and it tests way cleaner than city water, without anything done to it.

Congratulations!

> The water tanks sit on the side of a little mountain behind the house
> about 400 ft altitude, so gravity water pressure is plenty good.

Indeed! 173 psi is plenty good!

> Showers are "Navy submarine style", you turn on the water, wet yourself
> down, soap up, turn off the shower head [ball valve at the head so
> settings are preserved]

I installed a thermostatic mixing valve in the feed line to our shower
to do the same and also minimize the water used to find the proper
temperature and flow. Only one knob of the shower valves is active, so
all one can do is turn it on and off.

> Many use food grade plastic tanks in steel cages at 275 gallons, which
> fit nicely in the bed of a pickup and "make a load"...

Many people around here, where there is no water no matter how deep you
drill do exactly that. We are fortunate to have a well to supply our
hand-washing, toilet-flushing, and shower water; we buy 1 gallon jugs of
drinking water at our supermarket in Edgewood.

Craig