From: Mercedes On Behalf Of Mitch Haley via Mercedes
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2021 6:33 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: mi...@mitchellhaley.com
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Why would anybody want to live in CA?

On 2021-03-20 13:02, Karl Wittnebel via Mercedes wrote:
> Seems like we pull our weight. We are net even on federal payments
> now, like most other states:

With last week's new legislation, I don't think anybody can claim to be net
even. MI, with our ten million residents, got IIRC ten billion in direct aid
to governments, on top of $1400 x ten mil ($14B) to the residents
themselves. CA and NY's government aid packages were truly huge, especially
to the SanFran area.

Mitch.