On 2021-04-03 07:13, Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
As a 2 cylinder, it’s likely no more
than about 8kW, meaning it won’t run your heat pump. It probably has
no auto start capability, either.

I used to have a cheap Homelite 3650W (labeled Husky by Home Depot) with 6.5hp Subaru/Robin power. My 1.5T heat pump puts out 18,000 BTU in standard conditions with a little 16000 BTU Copeland scroll compressor. I believe my locked rotor amps are 47, I'm sure Kaleb's LRA is higher, maybe low three digits.

Anyway, with a big capacitor hard start kit, that little Homelite would start and run my heat pump, and with heat pump and refrigerator running would start and run my well pump. The heat pump calls for a 20A HVAC breaker, it will run just fine on a 15A fast acting breaker. If I can run mine on a 6.5HP generator, I bet Kaleb can run his on a 13HP, especially if he buys a soft start kit. Running a 5kw heat strip would be a big deal for him, like running a 4.5Kw water heater is for me. The idiots at Robin put a 20A 240V outlet and 20A breaker in my 5600W (6100W peak) light commercial (contractor grade) generator, and the water heater blows the breaker with nothing else turned on. Every other 11HP 5-6kw generator I've owned would run the water heater just fine.