123 experts,

  SWMBO has made it abundantly clear that the ACC on the 85 300CD is
unacceptable.  In hot weather the AC works fine but the monovalve  control is
so indifferent that it initializes and hangs in full heat  way too long
especially for someone who is constantly getting in and  out of the car on
errands in hot temps.  The problem *must* be  fixed...or else...[shudders].
Direct measures are called  for.  The monovalve insert is fine.  The foam tube
is  fine.  A valve to manually shut off the coolant line would work  but it
seems that better ways are possible.   We know that  the monovalve stays open
if no current is applied. I would like to wire  a relay to feed 12V DC current
to the monovalve to force it  closed.  So class, here is your homework
assignment:    What is the most convenient source of fuzed, low amperage 12V
switched  power to use through a relay?  Bonus points are based on  simplicity
and effectiveness. Extra credit is awarded if a shunt in the  ACC is
 identified that would accomplish the same purpose.  Clever  and innovative
applications of magnets on the monovalve are also  acceptable.  Good luck
class.  The fate of a coupe is in your  hands.

  Thanks,

Bruce
82 300CD 334kmi 'His'
85 300CD 240kmi 'Hers'