> Does the 560 really take premium?

I rarely gave mine that.  Only in hot weather does it really
seem to make a difference.  Typically I got maybe 17mpg,
would crest 20 on optimal trips.

Electronics is a weak point, particularly things like cruise control
and HVAC.  Vacuum pods don't last forever.  I had a lot of trouble
with the self-leveling suspension leaking.  Had a major overheating
event due to the washer tank thermostat coming apart.  Lots of
rubber, in many roles, to go bad.

You can read about mine until you get bored:

http://formicapeak.com/~jimc/SEL.html <http://formicapeak.com/~jimc/SEL.html>

Very pleasant car to drive, but definitely not a 240D in terms of maintenance.

-- Jim