I've done this.  Get a garden sprayer, get some house wash soap, add some
bleach to that.   I think the brand I've used is JoJoMax. Spray down an area
with the garden sprayer, let the soap and bleach work on the dirt, then spray
off with power washer.  These factors will increase power / effectiveness /
destruction:. Pressure of the machine, nozzle type (wide versus narrow), dwell
time (how long you hold the spray on a spot, or how quickly you move over it),
and finally temperature of the water.

So with a higher pressure machine, you can use a wider pattern nozzle, and move
faster over the surface, and get more work done more quickly.  Hook up the
water feed from your hot water tank, and move even faster.

Max Dillon
Charleston SC