Not often, at least the OM309s, and if they were commercial versions they’re
often thrashed. Ones that made it into easier service usually go for big bucks
if they’re not beaters, especially if they have lots of windows.

I suspect they are valued for conversions, as they’re quite spacious for their
size. I would expect that you would want to repower one with a stronger engine,
as many of them had four cylinder diesels. I seem to recall reading about a guy
who had one and crossed the country in it. He had to closely survey an
appropriate route to cross the Rockies as he knew it would be lucky to climb
some of the steeper grades.

Are you saying Bloomington had them? Speaking of which, is Mother Bear’s still
around? I can recall eating many a pizza from there back in the day.

-D