IIRC Providence went through a period where they paid out a huge amount of
money for damaged caused by pot holes. I think it was a way for some of the
elected officials to shame other elected officials into actually fix said pot
holes...
-Curt

    On Tuesday, April 27, 2021, 3:47:38 PM EDT, Dan Penoff via Mercedes