Nice tractor!  yes definitely get the canopy roof, I have one on my Kubota and it makes a huge difference in the sun or light rain.  I don't think they are too much, Nothern Tool might have them and on sale sometimes.  You could probably get by with a generic unit, paint it as you see fit

--FT

On 4/30/21 2:41 PM, Scott Ritchey via Mercedes wrote:
Sounds like all you need.  HP isn't important except to drive PTO
attachments.  Weight (and ballast) are all-important for traction and
stability.  You may want a canopy at some point for hot-weather work.  Age
isn't important as long as parts are available.  Good for you.  We all may
need to grow food at some point.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes On Behalf Of Curt Raymond via Mercedes
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2021 1:36 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [MBZ] New toy

My tractor buying saga is finally (hopefully) at it's end. Today I picked up
a 1998 Ford 1920. It's a 32hp 4wd compact tractor with front end loader.
1900 hours but it starts with just a touch of the
keyhttps://photos.app.goo.gl/Uo5en44yC5J5JeLN9
https://photos.app.goo.gl/o7g8Z4btoNSnwTj79
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Q1RCkz5K7WqptTRq6
It's about a 20 foot machine, in the last pic you can see that its been
"repainted". But the hydraulics all move good, it makes no bad noises in any
gear (12 of them!).
The transmission is interesting, its a 4spd synchronized shuttle shift with
3 ranges which adds up to 12 speeds forward and reverse. I don't think I'll
be trying 14mph backwards...
Next step is a full service, M1 TDT in the engine and interestingly almost
everything else uses hydraulic oil from the front diff to power steering to
hydraulics...
-Curt

.

--