Yesterday being the good son I swapped the snowblower for the lawnmower deck on
my dad's little 2014 John Deere. Everything went pretty well but after 2 laps
of the yard it ate the belt. Well poo, that was supposed to be a quick job.
NAPA was open and had a belt, I also grabbed a gallon of Turbo Diesel truck for
an oil change.
Anyway I got everything installed, oil changed, made 2 more laps of the yard
and it spat the belt again. This time it was so hot I couldn't touch it.
I'd noticed the deck was wicked noisy but it was last year too. Now taking the
guards off I think the deck had been dropped at some point, the left side
pulley is badly bent and the belt guard had been rubbing which is probably what
made the noise.Dad is going to get a new pulley and I'll install it next week.
So today I decide to mow my own lawn with my 1965 Snapper rear engine rider. I
made about 3 laps and wouldn't you know the dammed thing spat out the
belt...Looking at my records that belt has been on there since 2010...I ordered
another belt, the snapper uses a double v belt which is to say it has a V on
both sides, the idler pulley isn't flat. $18, seems like a fair price for 11
years...
-Curt