From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Levi Smith
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 2:03 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Jacks and jackstands

Maybe, maybe not.  After living through a major ice storm in Canton, NY
maybe 7  or so years ago, I didn't like having trees as near the house.
Didn't think anything of it until I got up in the middle of the night and
noticed my car had part of a tree laying on it and thought I'd go move it.
Well, I stepped outside and all I heard was a continuous cracking from
somewhere as there were constant limbs and trees falling.  Made me question
whether I really wanted to walk out from under the roof.  Of course, that
wasn't as impressive as looking out the back window at some of our trees and
saying "something's moving"...  (Not quite comprehending what I was looking
at since it was large and slow).  Then a rather huge tree decended into and
more or less covering the entire back yard.  It had enough branches sticking
out far enough that it sat horizontally about 6 feet in the air which was
about the height of the window we were looking out of.

I would certainly NEVER think I would have time to get out of underneat a
car that was in the process of falling...

Levi (: