I have had real issues with Fedex.  Our house is on the edge of a zip code
and on a couple occasions they simply refused to drop off the package.
When I went to PU at their depot they would not let me do so under any
circumstances, despite having been told over the phone this is what I
needed to do.  No such problem with USPS or UPS.